Thursday 30 October 2008

Challenged

I'm not really one for doing challenges, I like to look but never take take part, but on my usual rounds of blog hopping I came across Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #28. Kristina's blog is a fave of mine, I love her simple style and flare for colours and when I saw the colours for this week - well I had to have a go. I didn't have very much Pumpkin Pie cardstock but found a piece in my 'scrapbox' that was just enough to use as a teeny 3x3. I made the scalloped square from the border punch (see this post for tutorial), heat embossed the square frame (Frames with a Flourish) with white embossing powder and broke open the every so cute tin of felt Accents and Elements for the flowers. I have to hold my hands up and admit that the white flower brads aren't Stampin'Up (I generally only use SU! stuff on my blog) but they went so well with this dinky card I thought, oh well.

These colours are fab, love 'em, so I'm going to do another of the 3x3 box sets using them. Just need to get some more pumpkin pie....

Ta for looking,

Jo :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! and I love your tutorial on how to use the scollap edge punch to make a square/rectangle...

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

oooooo nice. Have to get that scallop edge punch, but I think I have those flowers. Will give it a go. TFS

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jo

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous card Jo love the composition. M xxx

Anonymous said...

Kristina is going to love your card!!! So pretty~ Donna

please check out my new technique!

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

I saw this challenge too and thought what lovely colours. Think yours is really great. I love her MACM too

K x

Anonymous said...

Love this card! It's my favorite of all the KW color challege cards...

Kate Lewis said...

Beautiful card Jo! Love that frame and the colours are fabulous! Happy Halloween!! KAte xx

Need More Time to Craft said...

Jo...This is beautiful. I love it..
Carole x

nessy said...

wonderful card jo ~super colours!!
haven`t used my punch yet!!
are you going to ringwood sunday??
vanessa xx

Deanna said...

Stunning!

Mary said...

Lovely card Jo. I met you today when you were at the ringwood craft show and loved your little 'book'. Hope to see it again closely in the near future.
Mary Arnold

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card JO

Rika said...

Pretty card!