Friday 9 October 2009

Lovely as a Tree

I'm ashamed to say I've had this set since the beginning of the year and not used it till now. How bad is that? It's a gorgeous set I just can't believe I've neglected if for so long! The reason I dug it out was because Stampin' Up! have introduced a tool called a brayer into the new catty which works well with silhouette images. I've seen lots of cards using the brayer so the other night I thought I'd have a go and this is what I came up with....Not the most exciting of cards but it was just to get the feel of brayering and I love it! Not bad for a first attempt and now I've got the jist of it I'll be making more, especially as it's no as difficult as I thought to do. I'll be demonstrating this technique at my Open House on Friday 23rd October between 12pm and 5pm so if you live in the area (Wimborne, Dorset) and would like to come along, please drop me an email on jodumbleton@aol.co.uk for further details. I will post all the details of the Open House later today. Have a good day and tfl! Jo :)

7 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

Not sure what a brayer is, so looking forward to seeing that at your open afternoon which I will certainly be attending. Lovely card.

Have a great weekend

K x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Jo,

I don't have a brayer but seeing what you've done with yours it's fab! Love card and lovely twilight effect. Gorgeous card!
Lesley x

Lynne K said...

This is beautiful, Jo. Excellent brayering! One of my favourite techniques, and one of my favourite tree stamps, and, as you say, they go very well together.

Gibmiss said...

HI
tgis is stunning and the colour is sooo nice

hugs
Sylvie

Sam said...

oh I doooo like that one - love the bright moon behind the trees.

Ali Watson said...

This is fab love the striking colour you picked to use. You'll have fun with the brayer :D

craftpassions said...

Love this card Jo, the colours are great. I have seen a brayer used with the Big and Juicy ink pad - did you use that? Can't wait to see more...
Julie