Wednesday 3 March 2010

For someone Special

It's my MIL's birthday next week, the same day as Mother's Day this year and it's a biggy too. Sue is a very special lady who will do anything for anyone and I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful MIL - she's the famous cake maker if you come along to one of my Open House events (details coming soon). I've made this A4 card especially for her - no age on there though as I think she would prefer not to be reminded. I don't know why but I'm always drawn to purple when I think of her and as I'm in my purple zone I had to go with the flow. The Bella Toile background stamp is sooo beautiful and teamed with 'A Rose is a Rose' I couldn't go wrong really. Colours used are Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Old Olive and Very Vanilla although it looks white on this piccie. The roses are cut out and raised on Dimensionals.

Yesterday I had a workshop with a group of ladies in Ringwood and I would just like to thank them for inviting me along and making me feel so welcome. I had a fantastic time with lots of laughs and lunch thrown in too - what more could I ask for!

Have a great day, I'm off to work now. :)

7 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Jo, Sue will love it. I am going to make my special card on Saturday when we all get together - can't wait.

K x

Stamps and Paper said...

A beautiful card Jo and the colours just blend together so well.

Anne

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous. The roses are lovely too,
Angela x

Stampinuphappiness said...

stunning Jo! lucky MIL!

Val said...

gorgeous Jo x

Maria said...

Lovely, lovely card Jo and gorgeous colours. Lucky Mum in Law.

AuroraDawn said...

So beautiful, wish I had that Rose is a Rose set ...