Sunday 20 May 2012

Retreat 2012

It's been a few weeks since I last posted but boy, have I been a busy bee!

This weekend I'm away at my first weekend Retreat and it's fabulous! I can't quite believe I'm here on a Saturday night, relaxed, with amazing company, full with food, crafting and very happy. With months of planning, classes designed and prepped, and all the finer details finalised to make it an extra special weekend for those that are here, it's all fallen it to place perfectly. The hotel is amazing, they can't do enough for us, food and drink plentiful, a leisure centre for those wanting to have a morning dip in the pool and overall we couldn't ask for anything better. First class!

It all started yesterday evening at 6pm. My dear old Mum has been my helper for the weekend, not bad for a lady in her 70's. We had so much to bring I borrowed the works transit to get all the boxes and equipment up here. I've no fear of driving anything but the van hasn't exactly been looked after and I wasn't sure if it was roadworthy to make it to Fareham on the M27, but we did and since then everything has gone to plan.

I was that organised I remember to take some photos before we opened our doors to the main craft room! Each delegate received a special goodie bag with extra gifts inside. I handmade each of these myself, even made one for myself, so cute!



Our main craft room for the weekend.
We've unlimited refreshments and even sweeties to snack on! How did they know I love Jelly Beans??
Our evening meal was a delicious Mexican Buffet with desserts to die for. Let's just say the diet has totally gone out the window this weekend!

Today was a full one with 3 classes and tons more food.

I'll be back soon with more on the Retreat, but for now I need my beauty sleep for another busy day install for tomorrow.

See ya soon!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

These gifts bags are lovely Jo!

Scrapcomber said...

Looks like you had a good time Jo. I just love the bags you made, how lucky are those that attended. You are a very talented lady.

Sarn said...

Pleased to hear all is going well for you Jo.

Looks like you've been extremely busy but having fun xxx

Julie said...

Looks just wonderful Jo - so glad everything fell into place and you are all having a wonderful time xx
Your goodie bags for the girls look amazing!

Margaret said...

Wow Jo those bags are gorgeous!!! Hope you had a great time
margaret x

Dee Tollaksen said...

These bags are darling! Do you have a pattern you can share?

StampinWithTara said...

Your projects are ALWAYS incredibly inspiring to me, a fellow demo from the US! Your work is so beautiful! I was wondering HOW you made the darling "handmade" stamped labels inside your adorable bags? I can't believe I've NEVER thought of creating tags like this! They are INCREDIBLY clever and have my mind SPINNING at the possibilities! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely ideas!

Sharon said...

FABULOUS gift bags Jo and love my jelly beans too. x

Barbara R said...

Jo, the bags you made for retreat are so cute. Is there a pattern? Will you share or sell it?

Jackie Bultje said...

Would love a pattern for this bag too, looks so adorable! What a wonderful thing to do for your ladies.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is adorable! Do you have a pattern for the bag that you would share?